Pages

Sunday, May 31, 2009

Conservative Bloggers Get Together

I just wanted to say thanks to Steve for organising what was a great day out yesterday at the St Stephens Inn opposite Parliament.

If anyone is interested there are some photo's up on Steve's blog, though somehow I managed to avoid being in any of them.

It was good fun meeting up and being able to put faces to the blogs, and just have a bit of banter with fellow bloggers. Not all are active Conservative Party members, which made for some interesting conversations. I see that through DK talking to Mark (Marks Any Musings) he has today joined the Libertarian Party. I also discovered Badger Beer, which went down very well on a hot summers day.

As the day drew on and a numbers began to dwindle myself, Steve and John Ward went exploring for a final drink in the Westminster Arms, but found it to be shut which surprised us.

Needless to say I was fairly drunk by the time we left Westminster.

I had a little trouble finding my way back, and having got on the tube form Westminster to Embankment, I somehow managed to find my way back to Westminster Tube Station. I made it home at about 10:45... thanks, in part to my wife meeting me at the train station at the other end and guiding me back.

I had a bit of a sore head this morning which has thankfully subsided with the application of water and plenty of Tea.

Steve has said he will look to organise another event in about 4 months time, so if you couldn't make it yesterday there will be another chance to meet up. I would certainly recommend it as a good day out with some fine and hospitable company.

3 comments:

Daily Referendum said...

Hi Daniel,

Glad you enjoyed the day. I too was a little fuzzy this morning. I'm looking forward to organising another one, hopefully it will be as good as this one. See you next time.

Henry North London 2.0 said...

Happily I was teetotal but at least one of you has been converted to LPUK I expect the rest now that Camerons Mortgage has killed off any luck that he might have had

Cate Munro said...

glad u had a gr8 time! Will definitely be up for the next one! Sounded fab! ;-)