Pages

Monday, May 04, 2009

Biased BBC Complaints System

On 25th March whilst I was very much enjoying repeated viewings of Daniel Hannan's speech in the EU Parliament ticking off Gordon Brown I raised a complaint via the BBC website as they seemed to refuse to show it or acknowledge it had happened.

I published it on my blog at the time, the original post is here, but it is reproduced below.

The longer you go before you show Daniel Hannans video on your main TV news shows the worse you already sullied reputation evolves. The continued absence of Conservative viewpoints from your channel tarnishes a once proud broadcasting record. You have destroyed the service with your ignorance and contempt for free speech and the people you are supposed to serve.

The BBC made a conscious decision to ignore what has become a worldwide phenomenon; you are funded by enforced taxation and work for us. Your fear of a Conservative future has been exposed.

You do not and have never represented my point of view, so stop pretending that you are somehow impartial or responsible broadcasters.You are stood in the middle of a the proverbially crowded room with your trousers around you ankles, fingers in your ears shouting "LA LA LA LA we can't hear you"

Another nail in the corporation’s coffin.

When I lodged the complaint I requested when prompted that I would like to receive a reply by email, which [I recalled] was promised within a month. This follow up email never arrived. Having re-read the website, I see that it is in fact policy to respond in 10 days, not a month.

Furthermore, I just thought I would have a look and see what is listed under the complaints policy on the BBC website and I saw that they do publish standard responses to complaints, but there is no response replying to their refusal to show the Daniel Hannan video.

Now, when Guido and Draper were on The Daily Politics, I seem to remember that they did indeed show the video that day, and that Brillo acknowledged that there had been a lot of emails of complaint asking why the BBC had not shown it. It was a good few days after the event but they then, finally did show it.

I know other people sent complaints to the BBC, did any one else get a response? I still want mine so I will be following up via the number provided on their website.

Daniel's video of him bitch-slapping Gordon Brown can be seen, here.
Nigel Farage landed some blows as well on the same day, which can also be seen, here.

No comments: