Pages

Wednesday, May 05, 2010

Election Night Live Blog - Advanced Notice


At 10pm tomorrow night within minutes of the polls closing the most anticipated exit polls in UK Polling history will be announced.  You will probably be glued to the TV or to your computer screens so why not join in our now famous live-chat collaborations?  With polling companies set up for a two horse race, the time between 10pm and 11pm could be the most interesting on TV all year.

Be here at just before 10pm for the opening and the chat will run as long as there is the moderators are awake and there are people online and taking part (so this will probably still run quite late).  Please be aware, there are only 25 unmoderated slots available with the current technology; however things will probably be less manic tomorrow as opposed to previous sessions when a few hundred people were collectively  shouting at three leaders who participated in the debates; and comments should be published quickly.

As before, the session will be a team effort and hosted by:
All Seeing Eye, Barking Spider, Biased-BBC, Corrugated Soundbite, Dick Puddlecote, Governmentitus (here), GrumpyOldTwat, Man Widdicombe, Subrosa and Red Rag Online.  All of these blogs come recommended and if are worth checking them out if you have not done so before.  As it is a collaboration, you can be on any of the above blogs and participate in the same live chat session.

It is unfortunately unlikely I will be joining in tomorrow as I have volunteered to count votes at my local counting centre and I don't anticipate being home before 4am.  However I will look in on the chat when I get in and if it is still rolling will say hello.  I will be hosting the chat still here on my blog thanks to the advanced posting feature in blogger.

Thanks must go to the All Seeing Eye for organising and to G.O.T. for another superb graphic.

1 comment:

John M Ward said...

Oh, well done for this!

I shall be at an all-night vigil at a pub' in Brompton (Gillingham in Kent) so, unless I can find a way to connect online from there via the trusty RiscBook portable, I probably shan't be able to join in.

I'll work on this between now and then...