Pages

Thursday, July 09, 2009

Recommended Reading

Here is my latest recommended reading list.

Please note, I do not necessarily agree with these posts and articles, however I found them sufficiently interesting to warrant a recommendation:

A Tory writes to Fraser Nelson and suggests he stick to the facts on assisted suicide.

Lord Elvis (on TVOTR blog) questions whether Gordon Brown would dare to attempt to delay the election past the 5 year allowed term for Parliament’s sitting.

My Doubts blog brands the UN a disgrace.

Oliver has the horrific story of two police dogs dying when their handlers left then in a van in the heat outside a Nottinghamshire police station.

And finally, the Daily Mail says the UK Government is going to spend £1m in renovating a Nigerian Prison so as to allow Nigerian prisoners convicted of crimes in the UK to be deported to Nigeria.

Enjoy!

3 comments:

John M Ward said...

I like the flag you now have at the top, but what are "rambings"? :-)

Daniel1979 said...

thanks for pointing that out John, I have amended.

Glad you like it, I made it in PAINT - everyone else has a nice header on their blogs and all I had was text so I resolved to come up with something a little better.

John M Ward said...

Good point: I've been wondering (again) about having a banner. I did once upon a time, though it didn't scale to fit properly, no matter what I did with it.

I use Compo to assemble my banners, and export them as JPEGs, such as the one on my old "Councillor" website.