Pages

Monday, October 26, 2009

Open Thread

It has been a while but if you have any feedback, comments or suggestions please feel free.  Let me know if there is anything you would like to see more of or anything that you disliked or think I should do less of.

I have stopped putting up so many polls in the last few months as I was getting a bit bored of them, and there was a shortlived Friday music piece which has also been dropped.  I have cut the recommended reading posts to an average of two a week now also - is any of it missed?

Also, brownie points if anyone recognises the bridge in my new header. 

7 comments:

subrosa said...

Nope Dan, don't recognise it. If it's in the central belt I possibly wouldn't though as I've never done any walking there.

I miss your recommended reading so keep it going. There was always something to rattle the little bits between my ears.

Tarquin said...

Hey Dan, been meaning to comment on your new header - looks good, I keep forgetting to do mine, still looking for something appropriate

The bridge - somewhere in the Cotswolds?

Daniel1979 said...

Thanks Subrosa.

Thanks Tarquin.

The bridge is not anywhere in the UK. I will give it a couple more hours in case anyone does want to have another guess, but will let you know later today.

TheBoilingFrog said...

I would say it looks like Armathwaite Bridge in Cumbria, but as you've said it's not in the UK so it can't be that.

More clues please. Is it in Ireland?

Daniel1979 said...

It is indeed in Ireland.

TheBoilingFrog said...

Hmm don't know, my experience of Ireland amounts to just only Dublin.

Had a 'quick' look on Google but no joy.

I guess you'll need to tell us :-)

Daniel1979 said...

Between Arklow and Avoca there is a small place called Woodenbridge, which is a special place for me and my wife. It is also where I took that picture last year.

If you are ever in Ireland and want to get away from Dublin head out to Arklow and stay at the Woodenbridge Hotel (€50 B&B pp, but a fantastic place to stay!) Arklow is only about an hour on the train from Connelly Station, or about the same on the road.

The scenery and wonderful people in the area will not disappoint.