From the Mail:
Britain's top civil servant ordered Gordon Brown to 'curb your volcanic temper' after complaints that he was abusive to his Downing Street staff, it has emerged.
The unprecedented rebuke, delivered by Cabinet Secretary Sir Gus O'Donnell, was revealed amid explosive disclosures about Mr Brown's wild and violent outbursts.
The Prime Minister was forced to go on television to deny he had physically assaulted his aides as a new book claimed:
- Sir Gus ordered an official inquiry into allegations of bullying by Mr Brown.
- Paranoid Mr Brown grabbed an aide violently and shouted: 'They're out to get me!'
- The raging PM thumped the rear of the front seat of his car so hard that it scared the bodyguard sitting in it; while an aide sitting next to Mr Brown thought the PM was going to smash him in the face.
- Mr Brown dragged a No10 secretary from her chair and took over at her keyboard.
- He manhandled a senior adviser who told him he was late for a meeting with VIPs, yelling: 'Why do I have to meet these ****ing people!'