- A referendum on EU membership
- The wide spread introduction of Caucuses and Open Primaries so that constituents can vote for the Person and the Party of their choice
- The introduction of the Right to Recall MPs
- An immediate review of the electoral boundaries and sizes so that constituency sizes are made more equal.
- An elected Second Chamber
- A reduction in the power of the whips
- A transparent, workable expenses system
- An answer to the West Lothian question
- A Minister answerable to the House of Commons for every single department and QUANGO
Constitutional reform that would be useful / welcomed:
- Fewer MP’s
- Parliamentary terms lowered to a maximum of four years
- Annual referendums to consult directly on certain issues
- The ability to petition Parliament when a public petition canvases sufficient signatures
All of the above would help towards securing a return of Parliamentary supremacy.
What we don’t need.
- A vote on changing the voting system just as Labour are about to head into oblivion