Here are the responses from Adam Buckingham who is standing in the East Midlands.
Adam's full Jury Team profile can be seen, here.
If you would like to vote for Adam, please text ADABUC01 to 86837.
Please answer True or False to these statements:
1. The EU should have even more control over the governing of member states including the UK. FALSE
2. The EU is the future of Continental Europe; the UK should be less resistant to this and more willing to be engaged with EU partners. TRUE
3. The EU is fundamentally undemocratic in how it is made up and how it functions. TRUE
4. If elected to the EU Parliament I will always vote in favour of returning legislative powers to member states. TRUE
5. Counties like Iceland and Norway should be made to join the EU. FALSE
6. Ireland was wrong to vote NO in their referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. FALSE
7. The main reason why people are against the EU in the UK is because the Tabloid media runs scare stories. FALSE
8. I believe the UK should be a part of a federal Europe, whether as the UK or as component nations or regions. FALSE
9. The UK should leave the EU as swiftly and as amicably as possible. FALSE
10. The UK Parliament should be sovereign. No laws made by the EU should be above the law making decisions of the UK Parliament. FALSE
11. The UK and France should give up their seats on the UN Security Council in favour of an EU representative. FALSE
12. The city of London and UK financial institutions should be regulated by the EU. FALSE
13. The EU has kept peace in Europe for 60 years. FALSE
14. If the UK left the EU, it’s economy would never recover. FALSE
15. Plans should be made for the UK to join the EURO within the next five year sitting of the EU parliament. FALSE
16. UK armed forces should answer to a European Military Chain of Command. FALSE
17. The EU should be allowed to collect taxes directly from European citizens and/or businesses. FALSE
18. There will never be war in Europe as long as the EU is strong. FALSE
19. The UK should not be allowed to declare war without the approval of the EU. FALSE
20. The UK should be allowed a referendum whether it accepts the EU Lisbon Constitutional Treaty before it comes into force. TRUE
21. I am prepared to give up some small freedoms so that the UK and/or the EU governments can better protect us from terrorists. FALSE
22. The EU should have control of EU wide policing to make standard the same across Europe, as well as centrally gather intelligence. FALSE
23. UK Common Law is incompatible with European Courts. We should protect Common Law. FALSE
24. People who stand opposed to the EU should be punished. FALSE
25. The Eurovision Song Contest is a wonderful form of European entertainment and the voting is in no way rigged. FALSE (but The voting is what makes it so entertaining ......)
In no more than 200 words for each question, please tell us about the following:
Q. If you are elected to the EU Parliament, by what method and frequency will your expenses be made public?
In line with the Nolan Principles of Public Life I would ensure that all my expenses were transparent and justifiable to my constituents. I would have a full breakdown posted monthly on my website detailing all financial aspects of my mandate for the previous 30 days.
Q. Have you ever stood for an elected position before?
No. Like so many others I have stood and watched from the wings. The world around us is changing and developing so fast that the old school tie brigade are no longer suited to the role of politician. The country should be run for the people and by the people. The old saying “Honesty is the best policy” seems to have been long forgotten within the main political arenas and they now seem to prefer “What they don't know can't hurt them.”
Q. Do you have you own website or blog?
It is currently under development. Should I be successful in gaining a nomination to stand as an MEP Candidate for the Jury Team the site will be ready to go live on the 25th April.
Q. Do you regularly read any particular newspapers or magazines? Who are your favourite writers/Journalists?
I read many papers. From the Mail to the Mirror, I enjoy satirical columns by the likes of Jeremy Clarkson whose black and white view of politics is sometimes quite refreshing. To the more serious columns by the likes of Benedict Brogan. I am also an avid follower of the BBC's Robert Peston.
Q. Why did you decide to stand for Jury Team instead of an existing political party?
For too long the current rank and file of parties have governed over this once great nation. WE have stood by and watched as they systematically spend 95% of their time blaming someone else. The other 5% trying to persuade us they have it under control. All parties are elected saying that they think the country should be run for the people by the people. To most parties this is just a line. To the Jury Team it is policy. It is in the mandate and will remain in the mandate permanently. The people of the country know what they want. With the Jury Team they will finally get to choose.
Q. What is the very first thing you will do in your official capacity if elected?
I will ensure that the team around me is compiled of the best possible people to help deliver the promises that we at the Jury Team make. We will firstly listen to the people of the East Midlands and find out what the EU can do for them, and likewise what the EU should stop doing. We will then form a strategy to ensure we deliver on the set goals while at the same time maintaining our transparency and openness over facts & figures.
Q. And, as you have been good enough to answer the above, in no more than 1,000 of your own words, tell us why we should vote for you.
I believe that the people of the East Midlands share many of the same worries, doubts & scepticism's of just what the EU are doing. It is time for the voice of the East Midlands to be heard. Louder than ever before. In the current climate it is sickening to see MEP's using the system to do nothing more than line their own pockets. While their constituents are losing their jobs, their homes & their self respect. Politics needs to be cleaned up. This is where I feel I can offer the people of the East Midlands a new alternative. A better alternative. AN HONEST ALTERNATIVE.
I firmly believe that the people of the East Midlands know what is best for the East Midlands and I would do everything in my power to ensure their views and ideals are voiced and given the credence they deserve. While at the same time providing a level of integrity, honesty & transparency that is unquestionable.
Every week we see legislation passed by the EU that either directly or indirectly affects people in the East Midlands, Whether that's the farmers, growers, producers, teachers, doctors, police officers, armed forces or just normal every day families. The East Midlands needs an MEP that is not in it for himself, but is in it to make sure the East Midlands gets the best deal for them.
My firm belief is that what the Jury Team stand for and are actively trying to do will restore a level of public led democracy that we have not seen for over 3oo years.