Here are the responses for Anthony Sansum who is running in the South East region. (No Photo)
Anthony's profile on Jury Team can be seen, here. If you would like to vote for Anthony then text ANTSAN01 to 86837.
To be fair to the other respondents I had to shorten some of Anthony's response which exceeded the True/False remit, without compromising his answers. I have indicated where I have done this. I do not believe I have misrepresented Anthony's responses, and if he wishes to elaborate further is free to do so in the comments field.
1. The EU should have even more control over the governing of member states including the UK. Yes, [Shortened response]
2. The EU is the future of Continental Europe; the UK should be less resistant to this and more willing to be engaged with EU partners. Yes, [Shortened response]
3. The EU is fundamentally undemocratic in how it is made up and how it functions. Yes, [Shortened Response]
4. If elected to the EU Parliament I will always vote in favour of returning legislative powers to member states. Not necessarily
5. Counties like Iceland and Norway should be made to join the EU. Definitely NO
6. Ireland was wrong to vote NO in their referendum on the Lisbon Treaty. That's democracy [Shortened Response]
7. The main reason why people are against the EU in the UK is because the Tabloid media runs scare stories. To an extent yes [Shortened Response]
8. I believe the UK should be a part of a federal Europe, whether as the UK or as component nations or regions. Yes, [Shortened Response]
9. The UK should leave the EU as swiftly and as amicably as possible. No [Shortened Response]
10. The UK Parliament should be sovereign. No laws made by the EU should be above the law making decisions of the UK Parliament. No [Shortened Response]
11. The UK and France should give up their seats on the UN Security Council in favour of an EU representative. No
12. The city of London and UK financial institutions should be regulated by the EU. Ultimately Yes, [Shortened Response]
13. The EU has kept peace in Europe for 60 years. Yes
14. If the UK left the EU, it’s economy would never recover. It would be difficult
15. Plans should be made for the UK to join the EURO within the next five year sitting of the EU parliament. Only if there was a referendum
16. UK armed forces should answer to a European Military Chain of Command. No.
17. The EU should be allowed to collect taxes directly from European citizens and/or businesses. No
18. There will never be war in Europe as long as the EU is strong. [Shortened response] no
19. The UK should not be allowed to declare war without the approval of the EU. No
20. The UK should be allowed a referendum whether it accepts the EU Lisbon Constitutional Treaty before it comes into force. Yes
21. I am prepared to give up some small freedoms so that the UK and/or the EU governments can better protect us from terrorists. No
22. The EU should have control of EU wide policing to make standard the same across Europe, as well as centrally gather intelligence. No
23. UK Common Law is incompatible with European Courts. We should protect Common Law. We should protect Common Law [Shortened Response]
24. People who stand opposed to the EU should be punished. No
25. The Eurovision Song Contest is a wonderful form of European entertainment and the voting is in no way rigged. Terry Wogan was entertaining, but not the song contest and Yes it is rigged and always has been
In no more than 200 words for each question, please tell us about the following:
Q. If you are elected to the EU Parliament, by what method and frequency will your expenses be made public?
On a website and permanently updated
Q. Have you ever stood for an elected position before?
Yes, I was Leader of Dover District Council
Q. Do you have you own website or blog?
Q. Do you regularly read any particular newspapers or magazines? Who are your favourite writers/Journalists?
Q. Why did you decide to stand for Jury Team instead of an existing political party?
Thatcher took my job away (I was a Miner) and Labour through its Quango the CSA wan to take everything else
Q. What is the very first thing you will do in your official capacity if elected?
Renew my passport
Q. And, as you have been good enough to answer the above, in no more than 1,000 of your own words, tell us why we should vote for you.
I have had serious problems with the CSA being given more and more powers by a Labour Government, much of which is not even backed by legislation, I would seek help from Europe to protect the Human Rights of fathers unjustly victimised by the non-elected CSA